Plant Biosecurity CRC
Dr Michael Robinson has been CEO of the Plant Biosecurity CRC Ltd and its commercialisation company PB IP Ltd since 2014. Michael has worked in research, communication, business development and policy in both Australia and New Zealand. Michael completed his PhD in the sustainability of using wastes to fertilise plantation forests in 1999 with CSIRO and the University of Melbourne. He has extensive experience in leadership, management and research through his roles:
- Inaugural CEO of FROGTECH, a private commercial research enterprise specialising in geological reconstructions
- Inaugural Centre Director, Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre – where he established the new joint research centre for primary industries and climate change with the University of Melbourne and the Victorian Department of Primary Industries
- Executive Director of Land & Water Australia, a statutory Research and Development Corporation
- Chair of the National Climate Change Research Strategy for Primary Industries, the first major Strategy under the Primary Industries National RD&E Framework
- Chief Executive Officer of the CRC for Greenhouse Accounting.
- Non-Executive Director of the Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- Current Non-Executive Director of the Cooperative Research Centres Association.
Michael will be speaking about the achievements of the Plant Biosecurity CRC, the legacy the CRC will leave and future prospects for continuing research in a session joined by three other speakers, Monday 14 May at 11:00 am at Collaborate | Innovate | 2018.